Pages

October 6, 2011

10 Commandments of Chutzpah

Another list of funny life rules on my grandmother's refrigerator:

1. If life passes you by, obviously you've stepped aside.
2. Leap before you look.
3. It's important to do what you feel, but more important to feel what you do.
4. Practice makes better. This life is just for practice. In the next one, you'll do everything perfectly.
5. You can't change your mind until your mind changes you.
6. Diminish fear, and desire will appear.
7. Be a professional exciter.
8. If it doesn't help you, it hurts you.
9. Don't reach beyond what you are but what you are and beyond.
10. You make life happen by making you happen.

- Richard Wexler, Wexler Power Systems, NY writing in Bottom Line Personal newsletter.


(According to Wikipedia, Chutzpah is the quality of audacity, for good or for bad, but it is generally used positively. Anyway, just thought I would share some of these but I don't exactly agree with 4, however, practice does help a lot of things but for my beliefs, the next life will have just as many mistakes. There's no such thing as perfect.) 


~BrandyBug Nikkie Kinsman

2 comments:

  1. I love this one. It's very creative and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an old friend of Richard Wexler's. I knew him in New York. Do you know how I could contact him? Thank you.

    -Keith Berger

    ReplyDelete